Friday 21 December 2007

Parcel Farce


So, we ordered a mattress for the house. Elderly relatives coming for Christmas, it was essential. Sent Parcelforce 24 on Monday, guaranteed to arrive on Tuesday. Except it didn't. Or on Wednesday. Or on Thursday. Or on Friday.

Every day I would call Parcelforce to be given apologies, that it had been sent out on the van but not delivered, to be told that it would definitely turn up the next day, and that I could make a claim because of the guarantee, and a manager would call me back.

No one called me back. I have spent over three hours on the phone to Parcelforce. And I am still no nearer.

The last call I was finally put through to the relevant depot. Where I was told it would definitely arrive on Saturday. Or Sunday. Oh, and that I can't get the postage back (which I'd paid for) as the retailer would have to be the one to make a claim. Who already has my money and is not interested in making a claim - they say it's lots of paperwork, and they always get lost.

Brilliant. Looks like I'll be sleeping on the floor.

No comments: